Monday, January 13, 2014

Who am I?

Who am I?

My name is Joshua Scott Barabe, I am a senior at Eastern Michigan University (EMU) majoring in Aviation Flight Technology. I was born in Phoenix, AZ and moved around majority of my childhood, but I claim that I am from Hollywood, FL where I created most of my childhood memories. I am a middle child, I have an older sister named Lindsey, 26, and a little brother named Bryce, 9. My father, Mark, works for Alpine Power Systems as a battery technician, my step-mother is self-employed in the mortgage industry, and my mother is currently a care-giver for a few local residents in the Southeast Michigan area. I am in love with an extraordinarily talented actress, dancer, and singer named Amber Lawson who is also a senior at EMU.

I am a Midshipman in the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) program based out of the University of Michigan. With the combination of my major and my involvement in the Navy, I have been offered a Naval Flight Officer (NFO) position, which will begin shortly after I graduate in April 2014. As an NFO, I am required to commit to a minimum of eight years in the Navy, but if I enjoy my career and get to see the world, I have intentions of staying in at least 20 years so I am eligible for retirement.

Aside from school and flying I have many hobbies. I am very intrigued with guns (both pistol and shotguns) and often go skeet and trap shooting on my open Sundays. I have never been hunting, but it sounds like a fun experience, as long as it's not deer hunting. I also love the water and really enjoy swimming, which inspired me to earn my SCUBA certification this past semester. I have completed 4 SCUBA dives and I love every bit of it. Martial Arts is also a hobby that I unfortunately fell out of, I really want to get back into it, but currently it is too much money. Lastly, I enjoy skiing, I do not go very often, but when I do I love it.

All of the information I discussed above are all a important to me and what defines me as an individual. I love flying, the Navy, my family, my hobbies, and my girlfriend, because without these things I would not be as happy as I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment